Veterans Business Program (VBP)
VBP assist businesses owned by qualified service disabled and veteran-owned business gain access to State of Illinois contracting opportunities and participation in the competitive procurement process.
In order for a business to qualify as a Veteran Owned Business and participate in the program your business must be ALL of the following:
- At least 51 percent owned by one or more qualified service-disabled veteran or veterans
living in Illinois (Public Act 097-0260, Public Act 098-0307)
- Applicant(s) must have valid DD214
- Annual gross sales of less than $150 million
- Home office in Illinois
Certification types and how to apply
Full VBP Certification
Approved certification is valid for 5 years with an annual No Change Affidavit (Annual Recertification) process.
VBP accepts certification from any of the following agencies for the Veterans Recognition.
- Cook County (Veteran/Services-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise)
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs-Center for Verification and Evaluations (CVE) VOSB/SDVOSB
Recognition certification is valid for 1 year
Eligible businesses may be certified in one or more of the following programs: Business Enterprise Program, Veteran Business Program, and Small Business Set-Aside Program.
Contact Veterans Business Program (VBP)
State of Illinois
Commission on Equity and Inclusion
Veterans Business Program
100 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60601-318
Phone | 1-312-814-4190 or 1-800-356-9206
Hours of Operation | Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm